Friday, June 09, 2006

weird.

…and then I was tagged.

Which means:

1) write down 6 weirdo factors about meself.
2) Tag 6 more people and thus keep the chain going!

What fun!

Here goes:

1) I think too much. Which isn’t always a good thing. The “look before you leap” sort of
thing. Like the bananas on the table. Well, not quite all that much but somewhat.
Someone asks me a very simple question. “Where do you live?” Instead of answering
It straight out or even speaking my thoughts aloud I start a chain of reasoning.
The question is where I live.
If I am to frame my answer such that he understands, I’ll have to know how much he
knows about the place I live.
He will obviously know about so and so place. So I will tell him about that.
On second thoughts, he might not… but he’ll know about such and such place.
So that’s what I’ll answer.
And because I’m not a computer I need some time to reason all this out. So I buy time
by repeating the question as if I haven’t heard.
Its worse when it’s a question in a
geography exam. Reading topography maps. I always end up thinking too much. A
simple question like the slope of the land. There’s a single hill in the south and the rest
of the southern part of the map is flat…lower than the north. So I write that. But the
correct answer would be the simple one. Slopes from south to north.

2)I write my personal diary in such a way that other people will understand what I’m
talking about.

3)I live to show off. Most of the time. That is, like everybody else I’ve got this horde of
different personalities inside me, each for a different person or a different mood. The most prominent among them likes to show off a lot… she’s the one who lives to show off. So I live to show off. Most of the time. But I also show off that I don’t actually show off so no one understands… if you understand what I mean. Or maybe I just think I like to show off. See, I’m doing it again.

4)I sound crazy and… stupid when I’m in the mood and perfectly irritatingly practical
when I’m not.
I’m in the mood now, as you can probably make out. And I’m weird in a very
methodical way.

5)I live in fantasy fiction. Narnia, Madeline L’engle, Peter Pan, Lord of the Rings… the
finding a new world kind. Do you know that feeling you get when you dream of flying?
I get that when I read these. Is that weird? Or just plain romantic?

6)I am a “dangerous substance for glass objects”. In the last three weeks I broke:

a) A bottle
b) Two glasses
c) A bowl filled with curd
d) The glass door of a bookcase.
e) A glass photoframe.
f) A bangle.

6 isn’t a very big number…. I think I could probably go on forever. People like thinking they’re weird.

Here’s my list of the six people I’m tagging:

1) googly (they don’t come any weirder than that)
2) rupsha
3) jahnavi
4) apurva
5) priyasha
6) snigdha (even though she has only one post in her blog… may this be a reason to post another)

Weird is only a word. And all words are relative. I think you’ll find that one out after you go through their^^ posts.

6 comments:

pancham_banerjee said...

You have all the makings of a full-blooded Quadrophenic, in fact, I considered naming my blog Quadrophenia, until the sudden realisation that it is because of exceptionally Loud Rock bands like The Who that my thought process has been irreversibly damaged , of course I've never had the pleasure of listening to Disaster Area but their last concert was somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse.....................

Unknown said...

Referring to the #2 Weird Factor About Yourself.

That kinda sums things up, doesnt it?

Unknown said...

And I've done my tag-list thingy!

Mind Mapping said...

so have i.

pancham_banerjee said...

Can you tag an already tagged person?, no the above question does not have serious underlying cosmological implications.

Rajasee Ray said...

well, yes technically, you can.

but PLEASE dont.