Friday, August 04, 2006

Dreams.


There’s a path behind the sunflowers
That leads down a steep little slope
Winding around jagged pieces of rock
That belong, beneath each of which
Brazen weeds lift their heads to the treetops
More real than the sky-reaching dreams.
Of some ordinary haphazard commonness
Making more sense than ideals
They seem so real to me now.
When I never noticed them before.
There’s some sort of law about upward turned gazes
Which lower as the ages lengthen
Not because ideals are lost
But because they are renewed.
Less beautiful than before, to be sure.
But so much more real, so much more endearing.
And if truth is beauty, more beautiful
Than dreams can ever be.

8 comments:

Xiamaze said...

rajasee post!.

Mind Mapping said...

total rajasee post.

More real than the sky-reaching dreams.
Of some ordinary haphazard commonness

i dont know but i like this line.

Anonymous said...

Don't you think that when ideals change, the person changes, too? Life is an evolution characterised by the death of our various selves.

this poem is remarkable.

Rajasee Ray said...

i so agree. every second we die and someone else takes our place. i mean, figuratively. Because every fraction of a second, changes who we are because our stock of experiences is lengthened, and consequently, our ideas change.. and we change.

ibedebi.blogspot.com said...

and yet the essence of what we were remains - a perfume sprayed by a someonewho has left the room a while back. It's a link to who we used to be. I have a lot to learn from you, kid.

Movie Mazaa said...

I like the way u write. Its my first time here, but I sure shall be back for more!
:)

pancham_banerjee said...

I'm still around, though I'm not very active....I've taken to writing miserable poetry, not on virtual whitespace but on plain old papyrus descendants...Will post them at the beginning of September, and let's hope there'll be more creative outpourings on my part then. As of now, am too busy with the more mundane aspects of life, academics and exams....Whenever I log on, I mostly while away the time Orkutting(It's this mostly useless Internet society where people discuss nothing in particular). 'Twould be best if communication could be maintained by some other electronic means than blog comments..
p.S. This latest post is a particularly likeable, though I don't seem to get the underlying concepts behind the "only pictorial posts".

ziana said...

hey..this is really good...its simple and beautiful